Reference #: 022143
Job Family Group: Store Operations
The Key Leader is a key part of the Store Leadership Team and as such supervises the retail floor and takes initiative, delegates work and provides feedback to the team, follows up on outstanding issues and is a star “go to” person. Under the supervision and direction of the Store Manager, the position assists in any leadership duties that arise, thereby working directly with the Store Manager & Assistant Manager, as well as directly supervising the community leader and educator in the stores. The Key Leader also works closely with the Store Leadership Team in supporting the general store operation function.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A KEY LEADER (the Tasks):
The key objective of the position is to ensure that the retail store runs well in the
absence of the Manager or Assistant Manager. In this position you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the key aspects of store operations and in ensuring the successful delivery of the lululemon athletica culture, philosophy, values, and vision of raising the overall level of health in our communities
- Encourages and energizes staff, and assists in evolving in-store functions and flow
- Directly supervises the Educator - Community Leader and other Educators when managing the floor
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs
- Under the direction of the Store and Assistant Manager, performs and completes other additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or request
A KEY LEADER’S WORK WEEK (the Hours):
The Key Leader role is full time and works on average of 20 to 40 hours per week. Time is spent supervising and educating on the retail floor; at least one day per week is a weekend day/night.
SELF DEVELOPMENT/LEARNING (the Growth):
- The Key Leader is fully enrolled and is an advocate for the culture of lululemon athletica and the tools available for personal growth and development such as the library, Brian Tracy CD’s, and goal coaching. They understand these tools and work to enroll the rest of the team in them.
- They also proactively acquires knowledge / education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policy, processes, quality control, new garments/styles, customer feedback/experiences, and staff information/communiqué by consistently reviewing:
- lulunet & Hub
- Staff Communication Book
- The Juice