Reference #: 012907
Job Family Group: Store Management
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
The Seasonal Retail Store
The Seasonal Retail Store Team is entrepreneurial and is comprised of peeps that know a little bit about everything, and quite a bit about most things lululemon. This Store Manager role is responsible for the strategic implementation, set up, and operation of these temporary retail store locations. We’re looking for an outstanding and driven individual to be the heart of our community as our Seasonal Store Manager. The key objective of this position is to be a leader in developing lululemon’s local brand awareness and community relations, while running your own small business – the local Seasonal Retail store!
What you will do
The role will combine the life-altering potential of wearing black stretchy pants to work every day while talking health, fitness and yoga to your community. In addition to this strong presence in the local community, you will be responsible for key aspects of seasonal store operations including but not limited to, floor management, coaching and leading a team, payroll, merchandising, inventory management and sales management. Through this position, you will encourage and energize those you come into contact with, and be responsible for the ultimate guest experience.
The Seasonal Retail Store Manager loves community involvement, including attending yoga and other fitness classes (for free!) and using your creativity for out-of-the box, grassroots initiatives that will ensure your community is lined up at your doors on the weekends to get themselves some of those famous black stretchy pants and luon tanks. Working weekends will be required as part of the normal work week – and for good reason - that’s when the shoppers come out! As the successful candidate you have a love for fitness, inspiring & leading others and have a self–starter approach to all aspects of your life. You live an active lifestyle and are passionate about people, our products and elevating the world from ordinary to a place of greatness!
What makes you great
What are the technical skills necessary to perform this role?
- Proven entrepreneurial drive and experience
- Excellent people person and business etiquette – ability to relate to and engage people
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong self-starter, ability to work independently, self-manage time and priorities, ability to work with a team locally and remotely
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and manage events
- Open to learning and growing independently and from feedback
- Ability to manage stress and maintain perspective and balance
- Desire to hire mostly "locals" from suggested area for community awareness
- Passion to introduce lululemon athletica culture into community through brand awareness, community events and core library
- Proven ability to make decision quick…you have 4 months to make an impact.
- Proven ability to think outside of the box while being adaptable and agile; always driven and taking initiative
- Proven ability to work alone and enroll a team
- Proficient in Sell-thru and how to communicate product needs
- Committed to development of team even though seasonal (what are they learning about lululemon)
- Committed to team delivering incredible guest experience over short amount of season
- Exceeds knowledge of operational piece of budget, ledger, etime, etc.
- 1-2 years of related prior experience in a combination of business, marketing &/ retail management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Detail oriented and highly organized; saavy in internet and MS applications
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people and work well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
- Positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm for lululemon, community and people; sweating all the time in the community
- Familiar with/ from location area (vacation there, from there, network there)
- Relationship builder and passionate about community building
- Incredible connector within community ON/OFF floor
- Stand for quality and greatness while running a seasonal retail store