Reference #: 022689
Location: Taipei , Taiwan , Taiwan
Job Family Group: Store Operations
THE MISSION OF AN ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (the Role):
The ASM is responsible for certain aspects of the day to day management of the Store and its staff. The role will combine the life-altering experience of wearing black stretchy pants to work every day while talking health, fitness and yoga to your community. In addition to this strong presence in the local community, you will be responsible for key aspects of store operations on a store scale including but not limited to, floor management, coaching and supporting the SM in leading a team, payroll, merchandising, inventory management and sales management. Through position, you will encourage and energize those you come into contact with, and be responsible for evolving in-store functions and the ultimate guest experience. Under direction of the Store Manager, the ASM role is fully accountable for the guest and employee experience of the store and community and is a successor to the Store Manager for pipeline and development purposes.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (the Tasks):
• Proactively builds and supports Store community connections through attendance at yoga/fitness events, classes, conducting trunk shows and other initiatives to support the business and brand awareness.
• Proactively recruits to fill the STORE pipeline as needed (lives the “law of attraction”)
• Passionately leads and educates on the STORE floor as Floor Manager/Educator, a minimum of 12 hours per week
• Acts as a coach to Educators & Key Leaders and plays a hands-on role in their development
• Oversees the execution of certain deliverables as directed by the STORE Manager. For example, Inventory, Product or Community Education
• Takes a stand as an advocate for lululemon athletica’s values
• Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs
• Under the direction of the Store Manager, performs/completes other additional projects,
• Gathers knowledge relevant to local labor laws and other important information to assist in the smooth opening and operation of international Stores.
• Other duties and assignments as required and/or by request
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER ‘MUST HAVES’ (the Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications):
• Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or other fitness, health or sports activities required. We expect you as a leader to be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store.
• 2-3 years of related prior experience in a combination of business, marketing &/ retail management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
• Passion for people, our product and inspiring others in and out of your community
• Strong sense of personal style and athletically minded
• Proven entrepreneurial drive and experience
• Excellent people person and business etiquette – ability to relate to and engage people
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong self-starter, ability to work independently, multitask, self-manage time and priorities,
• Ability to work with a team locally and remotely
• Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
• Positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm for lululemon, community and people
AN ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER’S WORK WEEK (the Hours):
The ASM works between 12-40 hours a workweek consisting of a minimum of 12 hours per week managing/educating on the retail floor; at least one day is a weekend day/night.
SELF DEVELOPMENT/LEARNING (the Growth):
• The ASM is fully enrolled and is an advocate for the culture of lululemon athletica and the tools available for personal growth and development such as the library, Brian Tracy CD’s, and goal coaching. They understand these tools and work to enroll the rest of the team in them.
• They also proactively acquires knowledge / education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policy, processes, quality control, new garments/styles, customer feedback/experiences, and staff information/communiqué.