Reference #: 022476
Location: Indooroopilly , Queensland , Australia
Job Family Group: Store Operations
Key Leader- Visual Merchandising Store Lead
lululemon athletica is seeking a highly capable leader who is passionate about developing others and connecting with the community as a Key Leader on our team. The key objective of this position is to lead our retail floor and maintain amazing guest experience in stores.
What are the specifics of the VM KL role?
A high performing Key Leader with a dedicated focus on VM. This individual will have the same high level responsibilities as all our Key Leaders, though their focus will be owning and driving powerful VM in their store for their region.
Who are we looking for?
You have a strong foundation in VM principles and understand the ‘whys and hows’ behind the way we approach VM at lululemon.
You lead and coach your store’s VM/Product team in the development of weekly merch strategies and provide feedback for your team upon execution.
You have a firm grasp of your inventory and work closely with the Store Manager to set up your store for success.
You utilize the available tools on the VM forum and act as a filter for ensuing the VM strategies in your store always reflect design intention and product storytelling coupled with ease of education and shoppability leading to great guest experience.
You stand for best guest experience and coach your team until the VM strategies achieve this result.
You are in inquiry with your team as to how merchandise strategies can be elevated and evolved while maintaining lululemon’s VM & operating principles.
You enroll your entire team in merchandising in the moment and you coach your team in the VM best practices on the floor.
You create a supportive environment for feedback and development with your team and the squad.
You communicate powerfully by being clear on what you expect from others and clear on what is expected of you.
You work collectively with other VM Squad member within your region to share ideas and insights
What you will do as a Key Leader
The role will combine the life-altering potential of wearing stretchy pants to work every day while talking health, fitness and yoga to your guests and community. The key leader plays a key role in ensuring an exceptional level of education on the retail floor by training, coaching, and developing a team of Educators that delivers the lululemon guest experience. Key leaders build capabilities within the store team to drive strategy and achieve results for the business, today and tomorrow. Under the supervision of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the position supports in day-to-day leadership and key areas of store operations. Our Key Leader emanates the lululemon culture, is a lover of fitness and sweaty endeavors, and is committed to creating amazing experiences for those around them.
The life of our Key Leader
• Passionately leads and educates on our product, community and culture on the retail floor and in the community
• Takes a stand as an advocate for lululemon athletica’s values and guest experience
• Oversees the execution of certain deliverables on the Manager ‘80/20 Checklist’, as delegated by the Store Manager or Assistant Manager. For example, Inventory, Product or Community Events
• Present on the retail floor encouraging and energizing staff
• Represents her/his store at all required meetings, events and conferences, under the direction of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager
• Acts as a coach to Educators and plays a hands-on roll in their development
What are the technical skills necessary to perform this role?
• Minimum one year’s work experience in retail / sales leadership, or an equivalent role
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, retail or related field (preferred)
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Detail oriented and highly organized with strong time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people development
• Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
• Positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm for lululemon, community, and people
• Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or athletics
• Strong sense of personal style and athletically minded
• Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills
• Entrepreneurial, proactive and solution-oriented
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports health and fitness, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.