June 24, 2020
The Black Lives Matter movement acted as a powerful catalyst within lululemon. After many real and impactful conversations with their underrepresented employees and greater community, lululemon’s Senior Leadership Team made the following commitments to stand up and fund Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action within the organization to support meaningful, lasting change in the world.
- Increase funding, accelerate actions, and create accountability for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action by recruiting a head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and internally investing $5M a year in funding to our global Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action team to build consistent momentum.
- Create an ongoing dialogue between underrepresented members of our collective with our CEO, Calvin McDonald, and our Senior Leadership Team by establishing voluntary employee-led resource groups that will set the pace of progress and creating a global advisory committee comprised of lululemon ambassadors who bring diverse knowledge and skills to inform our actions.
- Expand our training, learning and development to support Inclusion, Diversity and Equity with specific training for all employees and people leaders.
- Increase diverse representation among our employees and our collective by accelerating the equitable development of our employees through new career development programs; sharing employee demographic data through a voluntary survey in an annual Impact Report; attracting a diverse pool of talent from outside the organization through a global internship program in partnership with educational institutes that serve underrepresented communities; and requiring diverse pools of candidates be interviewed for each role within lululemon.
- Use our brand and our voice to advocate for change by providing an additional $3 million to our social impact program, Here to Be, for a total of $7 million in 2020 to go towards organizations focusing on civil rights and social justice for people experiencing systemic inequity, and leveraging our platform to communicate with our community and amplify diverse voices.
More information available here.